How can I setup a refund/individual/supplier (Suppliers) in BearBuy?
All Suppliers must first be entered in the UCB Supplier database in order to be available for use in BearBuy.
Please refer to the Vendoring "How To" section located on the Vendoring website for step-by-step instructions: http://supplychain.berkeley.edu/campus/vendoring/how.
You can also refer to the Supplier Decision Tree to identify which form fields are required for your request: http://supplychain.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/vendoring_decision_tree.pdf
What form should I use to setup or update a Supplier profile in BearBuy?
The UC Berkeley Substitute W-9 & Supplier Information Form (Sub W9) must be used to request all Supplier setups and updates.
Where can I find the UC Berkeley Substitute W9 & Supplier information form (Sub W9)?
The form is also available on the main Vendoring landing page.
Once the Supplier has completed the UC Berkeley Sub W9, where should it be sent?
Does Vendoring confirm receipt of faxes?
Once a Supplier setup/update has been processed, will I be able to access copies of the original request?
All Supplier records are handled as confidential, therefore if you need a copy of the request, direct your Supplier, prior to faxing, to forward a copy to you.
What is the Vendoring turnaround time for processing a request?
Vendoring's current turnaround time, also known as Service Level Agreement (SLA), to process a request is up to 5 business days.
Current processing SLA is listed on the right side of the main Vendoring website landing page. This information is updated daily.
Filling out and Submitting the UC Berkeley Substitute W9 & Supplier Information Form (UCB Sub W9)
How do I enter information on the UCB Sub W9 form directly from my computer?
- Prior to faxing the request, please confirm content associated to the form is visible before submitting as some browsers stip content when saving
- Some browser configurations either don't allow editing or may remove added content when saving. For possible solutions, see below.
What are the required forms fields to process a Supplier setup or update request?
Required form fields vary based on the type of Supplier you are setting up as well as the nature of your request (new or update). Please visit the Vendoring Supplier Decision Tree to identify which form fields are required for your request.
What does Section 1 - Description of Business OR Service Providing To UC Berkeley represent? What Should I Select?
- Reimbursement: When an Individual needs to be reimbursed for travel or airfare, or when the individual needs to be reimbursed for goods or services they purchased on behalf of the University
- Honorarium: A one-time payment for special service or unique achievement. See the SCM Honoraria webpage or the Controller's Office Honaria webpage (link is external).
- Prize or Award - When an individual is receiving an award/prize.
- Stipend: Used when an Individual is to receive a stipend, a predetermined amount of money that is periodically provided to help offset expenses.
- Human Subject: Use when an Individual is to received human subject payment for their participation in research involving human subjects. Check out the CPHS website (link is external) for more information.
- For Businesses or Individuals wishing to register their business, please check "Other" and provide a brief description of the goods or services they provide.
- Also include the UNSPC code if available.
What is a UNSPSC code?
What types of signatures are acceptable on the form?
Hand signed forms are preferable. Electonic signatures are also allowed. Please see "What is an electronic signature?" and "How do I create an acceptable electronic signature on the form?" for more infomration.
What is an electronic signature?
At UC Berkeley, we comply with the State of California law as articulated on the Calfornia Secretary of State website.
Under California law, an "electronic signature" means an electronic sound, symbol, or process attached to or logically associated with an electronic record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the electronic record.
How do I create an acceptable electronic signature on the form?
- Create an image (jpg, gif, png or other file format) of your signature and add it to the PDF version of the document you are signing -OR-
- Draw your signature in Microsoft Paint, save it as a jpeg and insert it into the signature area on the document.
Can I send the UCB Sub W9 form via email?
Our current email is not secure for transmission of sensitive data (SSN), therefore please fax your forms 510.664.7209. This method of submission will be securely transmitted in pdf format into our Vendoring queue for processing.
Can I fax the UCB Sub W9 form online?
Can any UC employee (past or present) do business with UCB?
How can I check the status of my Supplier set-up/update?
I see a error in the Supplier profile. Do I need to submit a new form?
Supplier files are created at the request of staff, therefore:
- If the error is due to a typo Vendoring entered, please respond to the email that you received when your vendor was created with the needed corrections. This email will have the Supplier ID and Supplier Name in the subject line of the email.
- If you cannot locate that email, please provide Supplier ID and Supplier name with the needed correction.
- If the form submitted for processing contained incorrect information, please fax corrected form or submit new form for processing.
- If you are referring to an old vendor file please submit an update request.
Why was I never notified about my submission?
- Your fax submission failed and you were not aware.
- Request was never received.
- Request was received on wrong side so therefore appeared to be a blank sheet of paper in the work queue.
- Request was too dark, too light, or illegible.
- Incorrect email for you was noted in Section 2 of form.
- An online faxing program was used but the request was received blank.
- Section 2 was incomplete, which should include your name, email address and phone number.
- Another UCB staff person’s contact info was noted in #2 of form, and not yours.
- You failed to instruct the Supplier to note your contact info on form before faxing for processing.
You can also check the Vendoring Daily Status on the Vendoring website.
- The UCB contact noted in Section 2 of the UCB Sub W9 form will be notified once the request has been processed.
Can I sign Section 4 of the form on behalf of the Supplier?
Working with students
My submission was flagged as a student or employee, what do I do?
Can I request that a vendor file be set up for “students” that are from any of the UC systems?
UC Students attending UC Berkeley: Vendoring does not create nor maintain UC Berkeley student profiles. For any student attending UCB, their info is automatically available for use in Bearbuy or the Travel system using ST + their Student ID. Since their info is considered confidential the student maintains their own information via student services. A regular vendor file can only be created by Vendoring when they are no longer attending UCB. At that time please refer to the Decision Tree for the required fields making sure to use their personal information including a personal (non-berkeley) email address.
UC Students attending any of the other UC campuses (and not UCB): Vendoring can create and maintain a vendor file for non-UCB students. Just following the requirements for setting up an individual as noted in the Decision Tree. The request should only include their personal information and no UC information.
Can I set up a vendor file for “employees” that are from any of the UC systems?
UC Berkeley employees – as a rule no since there is a conflict of interest present: Vendoring does not create nor maintain UCB employee profiles. For any employee working at UCB, their info is automatically available for use in Bearbuy or the Travel system using E + their Employee ID. Since their info is considered confidential the employee maintains their own information via at-your-service. A regular vendor file should only be created by Vendoring when they are no longer an employee of UCB. At that time please refer to the Decision Tree for the required fields making sure to their personal information including a personal (non-berkeley) email address. The request will need to include a Conflict of Interest (COI) form with both Part A and B completed and signed. The COI will need to be approved by management prior to the request being processed.
UC Employees working at any of the other UC campuses (and not UCB): A regular vendor file can be created by Vendoring. Please refer to the Decision Tree for the required fields. The request should only include their personal information and no UC information. The request will need to include a Conflict of Interest (COI) form with both Part A and B completed and signed. The COI will need to be approved prior to the request being processed.