The University of California's Vision, Mission, and Strategic Objectives
To be acknowledged by University of California executive and campus leadership, faculty, staff, and students as a high performing strategic partner that is essential to the financial health of the University.
- To expand opportunities for teaching, research, and public service by delivering savings and efficient procurement services across University of California
- Develop collaborative relationships with clients across the UC system to understand their needs and provide high quality procurement services that best meet those needs
- Pursue strategic initiatives in a coordinated manner that leverages the power of our collective spend and redirects savings to teaching, research, and public service
- Invest in and optimize talent and technologies across the University to deliver far greater benefit that can be achieved by any single location working independently
- Drive down TotalCost of Ownership (TCO) and promote new revenue opportunities through effective sourcing, contract management and supply chain solutions
- Partner with suppliers to develop business relationships and solutions that optimize value for the University
University of California, Berkeley Procurement Services is responsible for the acquisition of goods and services for the campus community. Our services include:
- Initiating purchase transactions
- Managing supplier relations
- Providing process guidance and facilitation
- Assisting with policy interpretation and compliance
- Establishing best practices in campus purchasing activities.
Purchasing transactions start in the BearBuy procurement system. Department users can conveniently purchase goods or services by shopping from BearBuy using an online catalog or by completing a BearBuy form.
See Buying Goods and/or Buying Services for more information about the procurement process.
Goods and services related to campus facilities alterations, installations and minor construction are handled by Physical Plant Campus Services (PPCS); major construction projects are handled by Facilities Services.
To learn more about our Supply Chain Management staff at both the Berkeley and San Francisco campuses, see our organizational chart.