Information for Suppliers
Supply Chain Management is responsible for the acquisition of campus goods and services. We strive for continuous improvement in our process and practices to maximize value, minimize university risk and promote environmental stewardship in support of the University’s mission of teaching, research and public service.
We are committed to providing excellent customer service and welcome your suggestions and feedback.
Fraud Schemes Target University Suppliers
- Poorly written emails with grammatical errors
- Sender’s email address or website link are not authentic to the university
- Shipment to non-university address is requested
- A request to open a line of credit on behalf of the university
Rarely, if ever, will UC Berkeley initiate a purchase by requesting a quote through email without providing:
- A valid UCB purchase order
- A UCB delivery location
- A UCB department contact name and phone number
UCB values the partnership and important role our suppliers play in the success of the University and we are actively working with law enforcement to investigate any illegal activity.
If you have further questions or any doubts regarding the legitimacy of a purchase or quote request, please contact our Help Desk at email@example.com or (510) 664-9000 opt. 1,2.
Additional information regarding purchase fraud can be found on the FBI website. If you wish to file a formal complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), you can do so here.