Required PO Documents
Due to federal, state or UC regulations, most orders will need the following documentation for audit purposes. Bear Buy is the system of record for campus procurement and the supporting documentation must be attached to the requisition / purchase order to be in compliance for audits. Providing the information in advance will streamline the procurement process. Once all required documentation has been received and approved, the Buyer will be able to issue the PO, which is the signal to the requester that work may begin. Goods/services should not be ordered prior to the issuance of a PO.
Both UC Berkeley and the Office of the President have a number of contracted suppliers. Search contracts in BearBuy to learn more about the agreements. If the statement of work and payment schedule described in an agreement match the department’s need, that agreement may be able to be used in lieu of some of the steps above.
Please use the following naming convention and guide to when a document should be an internal or external attachment.
The following templates are located on this website: Procurement Forms
- UCOP Source Selection & Price Reasonableness (SSPR) Justification Form - Department to include a written justification explaining business purpose, why this source for the service was selected, and how it was determined that the price is reasonable for orders. Note that requests that exceed $100,000 per year will need to be competitively bid. Department to fill out to satisfy Federal or State procurement audit requirements Federally Funded purchases ≥$10,000 and Non-Federally Funded purchases ≥$100,000
- Statement of work - Department develops to clearly define the services holding the Supplier accountable to any required deliverables, IP ownership, Data Security, etc.
- Suppliers proposal - Supplier to provide based on the elements in the SOW Written proposal, dated, on supplier letterhead, that identifies the pricing, deliverables, and timeframe for the goods or services as defined in the SOW. Identify any exceptions or UC dependencies that are needed for the Supplier to perform the services. It should link fees charged to scheduled deliverables and timeframes. Hourly rates should be used only as a means of determining a fee. It should include the Supplier and UC contact information.
- Conflict of interest - Supplier to fill out
- Classification worksheet for Federal Tax Purposes - Department to fill out to determine an individual's status as an employee or Independent Contractor
- Insurance - Department to provide, if possible, Prior to providing services to the University, Suppliers must furnish the University with current certificates of insurance.
- Formal Notice Pursuant to University Guidelines on Contracting for Services – Department to fill out for any services that may result in the displacement of University staff.
- Strategic Technology Acquisition – Department to fill out for Technology purchases over $100,000
- Federal Funds:
- UCOP Cost and Profit Analysis Form – Department to complete or work with Supplier to gather information
- UCOP Certified Cost or Pricing Data – Supplier to complete
- Agreement: Fully executeded by the Supplier and Buyer with delegated authority.
- CA Partial Sales Tax Exemption Certificate: When purchasing research equipment.
The Buyer will use the documentation above to create an agreement (if applicable), which will be signed by the Buyer and the supplier and attached to the requisition as an external attachment.
Depending on the nature of services as described in the statement of work, your Buyer might need additional documentation to process the PO / Agreement. More details can be found on the Special Considerations page.
- Fair Wage / Fair Work
- Prevailing wage
- Displacement of represented employees
- Data Security & HIPAA BAA (software and cloud services)
- Intellectual Property
- Use of UC names and marks
- Does the insurance adequately cover the services
- Consulting follow on concerns
- PPACA Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (temp services)
- Inventorial equipment
- Sponsored funds