Supply Chain Management (SCM) Procurement facilitates the purchase of quality goods and services at the best value to UC Berkeley while ensuring sustainable & socially responsible supply chain practices. We strive to provide excellent customer satisfaction by simplifying the procurement process through strategic supplier agreements, conducting competitive bid solicitations and leveraging the collective spending power of the university.
In providing excellent service, SCM's professional staff of Buyers often collaborate with many campus partners including: Risk Services, Legal Affairs and Berkeley People & Culture to ensure compliance with all federal, state and University of California policies and regulations.
Most purchasing transactions more than $10,000.00 or high-risk contracts with Suppliers are handled by an SCM Buyer.
Teams that drive the Procure-to-Pay process at UC Berkley include:
- UC Berkeley Controller’s Office - handling Vendoring, the Procurement Card Program & Accounts Payable (Supplier invoice payments)
- Berkeley Regional Services - lower-risk purchases under $10,000.00
- BearBuy Solutions team - the mechanics/troubleshooting the BearBuy ordering system
- SCM Strategic Sourcing - continually developing strategic partnerships and BearBuy catalogs with top tier Suppliers
SCM Procurement cannot process purchases or contracts related to:
- Research activities for federal, state, and non-profit sponsored projects (subawards)
- Research activities with industry and material transfers
- Construction-related activities
- Real estate leasing or acquisition activities