Service Level Agreements for good and services purchases:
Service level days are the approximate number of business days from Org Node approval of the BearBuy requisition to the point when the Buyer finalizes the Purchase Order if the required documentation is attached to the requisition.
- Non-Catalog Items – 5 days
- DEA Controlled Substances – 7 days
- Capital Equipment – 10 days
- Non-Tangible/Service Requests – 10 Days
- After-the-Fact – 10 days
- Sole Source – 10 days
- Off-Campus Events/Facility Rental – 10 days
- Independent Contractor/Consultant/Professional Services – 20 days
Exceptions that might take longer to process can include but aren’t limited to the following:
- Orders more than $100,000
- Orders where the "Sole Source" justification is not satisfactory.
- Supplier delays in responsiveness to contract negotiations/exceptional contract terms
Data Security, SaaS, and Cloud Computing Services may require a Vendor Security Assessment from the Information Security Office.
- Services that require a Web Accessibility Review by Berkeley IT
On-campus labor services - Fair Wage/Prevailing Wage/Covered Services related services
- DEA scheduled drugs requiring the Form 222
- Declared Conflicts of Interest
Expediting an order
Only label urgent orders as "urgent" if failure to act immediately might result in significant bodily harm, significant property loss or damage, violations of law or of University policies or cause significant liability to the University or to members of the University community. If an order warrants expedited handling, please change the priority on the BearBuy requisition to "urgent". If you have already submitted the requisition, please provide the requisition number in your email and contact your assigned Buyer.
Conflict of Interest:
Declared conflicts can take approximately 2 weeks to review.
Contact your Buyer for assistance.