Conflict of Interest Declaration

A "Supplier" is a service provider, contractor, vendor, or other entity entering into a Purchase Contract for providing goods and/or services under a Purchase Order with UC. It is the policy of the University to keep an employee’s private interests separate from University interests and to safeguard the University and its employees from charges of favoritism.  An employee is prohibited from participating in a decision-making process to award a Supplier offering goods and services to the university if there is a financial conflict of interest.

Important Things to Know Before Getting Started

A Supplier offering to provide or sell  goods or services to the University must complete a Conflict of Interest Declaration Form if that Supplier meets any of the criteria below:

  1. is a current UC employee
  2. is a former UC employee, who has been separated for less than two (2) years (retired, dismissed, separated, or formerly employed) 
  3. is a current UC employee, who owns or controls ten percent (10%) or greater interest in a business that will provide goods or services to the University
  4. is a near relative of a current UC employee (spouse, child, parent, brother, sister, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and step-relatives in the same relationship)
  5. is a near relative of a current UC employee, when that near relative owns or controls ten percent (10%) or greater interest in a business that will provide goods or services to the University.
  6. Any UC employee will be paid by the proposed Supplier/company for the proposed transaction

If you or your firm do not meet the definition of  "Supplier," are not offering to provide or sell  goods or services to the University, and/or do not have any affiliations to the university as described in the A-F list above, you do not need tocomplete a Conflict of Interest Declaration Form. 

ATTENTION: If you are being vendored solely for a travel reimbursement OR if this involves a stipend/honoraria payment, STOP! DO NOT FILL OUT THIS FORM.

Please visit the following Controller's Office websites for more information on: