Welcome to the Supplier Diversity Program webpages.
The UC Berkeley Supplier Diversity Program promotes business relationships and contract opportunities with small, diverse, and disadvantaged businesses wishing to provide goods and services to the University community.
It is the intent of the University to the maximum extent possible, consistent with sound business practices and with the efficient performance of the University’s contract obligations and requirements, make a concerted effort to seek out and encourage the utilization of small and diverse businesses to ensure equitable opportunity
The Supplier Diversity Program Manager:
- Educates these business suppliers on how to foster relationships and provide goods and services to departments on both campuses
- Provides business resources to departments and works with them to consider and purchase from diverse disadvantaged businesses to support their operational and research needs.
- Assists campus project teams, which are being awarded federally funded research contracts or subcontracts to develop small business subcontracting plans which enable them to achieve specific federal small business utilization goals as directed under the FAR Part 19(link is external) and Part 52.219-9(link is external).
- Also assists project teams which have been awarded EPA cooperative agreements, requiring progress toward fair share goals according to 40 CFR(link is external) and reports minority business enterprise (MBE) and women business enterprise spend (WBE) every October.
- Collaborates with other UC campuses and diverse and disadvantaged business development programs to promote such business interests at UC Berkeley, UC San Francisco, and throughout the UC system.