ATG is UC Berkeley’s preferred managed food delivery program, which:
- Offers a BearBuy Punch-out Catalog to make procurement of drop-off food delivery quick and efficient for on-campus meetings and events.
- Displays menus from the University’s contracted restaurants, allowing you to conveniently build orders through one site.
- Ensures that the restaurants in the ATG system use compostable and/or recyclable packaging and utensils and comply with UC minimum standards for Sustainability.
- Verifies that restaurants hold the appropriate health permits as well as approved indemnity and auto insurance.
Prior to the event (so that the order can be processed in time for the event), enter the order information into the ATG Punch-out Catalog. The preferred method is the “Standard” process. The "Custom Order" process should be used on a very limited basis. Also note that each BearBUY order should only include an order from one restaurant.
Visit the America To Go Punch Out Catalog Job Aid to learn more about how to place an order in BearBuy, as well when and how to use the Standard and Custom Order processes.
Consider using your department's Event Planner Credit Card for other dropped-off food orders.
On-campus catering services:
The University must utilize its internal employees to provide food service preparation and serving of food at on-campus events to the greatest extent possible before resorting to the use of private contractors to provide such services. Contracting for catering services is only permissible under limited circumstances. Please contact CalCatering or I-House to plan your on-campus event when it requires catering services.
Off-Campus Event Catering
- Complete a Bear-Buy Off-Campus Event Form.
- Include the event name and date, the unsigned catering and/or bartending agreement, and insurance certificates to:
- Support that the catering occurred on behalf of UC Berkeley
- Document that the event is directly related to UC Berkeley business and will not personally benefit the host or other employees.
- In order to pay the invoice, attach electronic copies of the invoice, guest list and host signature for Disbursements to process the voucher.
If you want to pay for catering and no facility rental is involved:
Click on and complete a Services and Non-Tangible Items Form in BearBUY.
- Include the event name and date, the unsigned catering and/or bartending agreement and insurance certificates to support that the catering occurred on behalf of UC Berkeley, was directly related to UC Berkeley business, and did not personally benefit the host or other employees.
- In order to pay for the invoice, attach electronic copies of the invoice, guest list and host signature for Disbursements to process the voucher