Morale Building for Employees

Contracted Suppliers: Not applicable

The cost of meals or light refreshments for official employee morale building activities that serve a University business purpose may be reimbursed as an EXCEPTION, which require both departmental and vice chancellor approval. Such occasions are:

  • To honor a departing employee who is retiring or who is separating from the University after at least 5 years of service
  • Employee recognition receptions
  • Annual faculty/staff picnics
  • Holiday gatherings

The preferred method is to use a bluCard.  If using a bluCard is not possible, complete a BearBuy Payment Request Form and attach required supporting documentation to the form in BearBuy.

Relevant Policy/Procedures: See the Controller's website Allowable Expenses webpage and the Exceptional Expenditures webpage for employee morale building expenses.

Additional Resources: BUS-79, Expenditures for Business Meetings, Entertainment, and Other Occasions

Return to the How to Purchase Goods and Services list.