THE UC BERKELEY SMALL BUSINESS PROGRAM
It is the intent of the University to the maximum extent possible, consistent with sound business practices and with the efficient performance of the University’s contract obligations and requirements, make a concerted effort to seek out and encourage the utilization of small and diverse businesses to ensure equitable opportunity
- Educates these business suppliers on how to foster relationships and provide goods and services to departments on both campuses
- Provides business resources to departments and works with them to consider and purchase from diverse disadvantaged businesses to support their operational and research needs.
- Assists campus project teams, which are being awarded federally funded research contracts or subcontracts to develop small business subcontracting plans which enable them to achieve specific federal small business utilization goals as directed under the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Also assists with reporting minority business enterprise (MBE) and women business enterprise spend (WBE) every October.
- Collaborates with other UC campuses and diverse and disadvantaged business development programs to promote such business interests at UC Berkeley, UC San Francisco, and throughout the UC system.