Tuition and Training Fees
Campus units are encouraged to:
- Check out the courses available through The Center for Organizational and Workforce Effectiveness (COrWE), before scheduling courses wiith suppliers outside of the Campus.
- Visit the UC Learning Center, by Calnet Authenticating in blu and accessing the UC Learning Center button on the left side of the screen. The Campus offers courses in a variety of disciplines which can be taken online and through classroom sessions without cost to a department or unit.
During Spring (Janurary- June) 2013, UC Berkeley employees are eligible to enrolling in UC Berkeley Extension courses free of charge by following the required steps and soliciting a supervisor's approval.
For more information:
- Login in to blu.berkeley.edu
- Select UC Learning Center from the Self Service menu.
- In the Search box enter "Sponsored Tuition".
- Click on the document and select START
- You may also go to the catalog and search in Professional Skills adn Career Development category for teh document. .refer to Tuition and Training for non-UC courses can be purchased using either the bluCard or with a BearBuy Form. Conference attendance fees can also be purchased using either method. If the charge is equal to or above $5,000, use the BearBuy Form.
If you need to pay for training services offered by an outside trainer or training service, use a BearBuy Service Order Form. If the provider is using University faciltiies, an Insurance Certificate must be attached. Attaching a description of the training session(s) including its purpose is also recommended.
For information on policy relating to UC sponsored classes and training; refer to Fee Waivers, Staff.