Services and public-facing goods that could cause harm need to be reviewed by an SCM Buyer with delegated authority.
Requisitions must be routed to an SCM Buyer intervention regardless of dollar value if your order falls into one of the categories below or falls into a Special Considerations category. Check the BearBuy "Buyer Intervention" checkbox inside the Bear Buy ordering form.
Examples of when to select Buyer Intervention
- Services (including cloud services and software licenses)
- On-site labor-related services of any kind (on-site is any University owned, leased or rented properties)
- Use of UC name, logos and marks by the supplier
- Construction/Capital Strategies orders
- Goods or services provided by any employee or near relatives of any UC employee
- Laboratory and other animals - Office of Laboratory Animal Care
- Specialized equipment regardless of cost - Equipment Management
- Environment, Health and Safety: Restricted items (Controlled substances, hazardous materials, radioactive)
- Firearms, ammunition, explosives
- Export Controls
- Goods or Services that will collect UC protected information such as; health, personal, or credit card payment data
Examples of when not to select Buyer Intervention
- BluCard orders under $5,000.00 should be processed within Berkeley Regional Services (BRS) with BluCards or when the Supplier is in the system and will accept a PO.
- Facility Use agreements that Real Estate signs (typically when leasing spaces when it does not don't involve food and beverages).
- Business contracts signed by Business Contracts & Brand Proctection; legal contracts signed by the Office of Legal Affairs
- Some departments automatically check Buyer Intervention (The department end users don't know when it should and should not be checked). This should be unchecked by BRS when it doesn't apply.
- Don't select Buyer Intervention when the order is over $10,000.00. BearBuy will automatically route the order to the Buyer.
- Sending an order less than $10,000.00 to have a quote reviewed by a Buyer that does not require a signature or contain any legal terms.