Individuals who violate policy may be subject to disciplinary action per BUS43.
Procurement policy violations
Individuals who violate policy may be subject to disciplinary action including written warnings, mandatory training, loss of purchasing authority, probation, termination, and criminal prosecution.
Examples of purchases that violate policy regardless of dollar level that could be fraudulent transactions:
- Are made by non-authorized employees
- Use unauthorized buying methods i.e. a valid Purchase Order or BluCard is not provided to the supplier at the time of purchase
- Exceed the individuals authorization
- Consist of restricted items
- Are for personal use or benefit
- Violate policy on employee-vendor relationships
- Involve signing an agreement that commits funds for purchase
Unauthorized purchases – After the Fact Justification