ATG is UC Berkeley’s preferred managed catering program, which:
- Offers a BearBuy Punch-out Catalog to make procurement of catering quick and efficient for on-campus meetings and events.
- Displays menus from the University’s contracted caterers and restaurants, allowing you to conveniently build catering orders through one site.
- Ensures that the caterers in the ATG system use compostable and/or recyclable packaging and utensils and comply with UC minimum standards for Sustainability.
- Verifies that caterers hold the appropriate health permits as well as approved indemnity and auto insurance.
Prior to the event (so that the order can be processed in time for the event), enter the catering order information into the ATG Punch-out Catalog. The preferred method is the “Standard” process. The "Custom Order" process should be used on a very limited basis. Also note that each bearbuy order should only include an order from one caterer.
Visit the America To Go Punch Out Catalog Job Aid to learn more about how to place an order in BearBuy, as well when and how to use the Standard and Custom Order processes.
- Complete a Bear-Buy Off-Campus Event Form.
- Include the event name and date, the unsigned catering and/or bartending agreement, and insurance certificates to:
- Support that the catering occurred on behalf of UC Berkeley
- Document that the event is directly related to UC Berkeley business and will not personally benefit the host or other employees.
- In order to pay the invoice, attach electronic copies of the invoice, guest list and host signature for Disbursements to process the voucher.
If you want to pay for catering and no facility rental is involved:
- Click on and complete a Services Order Form
- Include the event name and date, the unsigned catering and/or bartending agreement and insurance certificates to support that the catering occurred on behalf of UC Berkeley, was directly related to UC Berkeley business, and did not personally benefit the host or other employees.
- In order to pay for the invoice, attach electronic copies of the invoice, guest list and host signature for Disbursements to process the voucher