Independent Contractor Defined: An individual or entity that performs a specific service for the UC based on a set price, pursuant to a scope of work and deliverables set by the UC.
Consult with your Buyer for any services over $99,999.99 as they may require competition by law.
Examples of Independent Contractor services:
- Secretarial, drafting, technical editing, and technical appraisals
- Medicine and medical arts, architectural and engineering services
- Printing services, translation, and web design
How to hire an Independent Contractor:
- Use the following Form in BearBuy: “Service Orders Request”.
- The department should attach the following Required PO Documents to the Form as directed in BearBuy:
Required documents from the Department:
Required documents from the Supplier:
3. Other Considerations:
- Services Performed on UC Property: Determine the number of services that will be performed by the Supplier on campus.
- See Special Considerations for additional potential issues.
4. The Buyer will use the above documentation to create a Services Agreement, which will be signed by the Buyer and the Independent Contractor.
For more information, see Finance Bulletin: BFB-BUS-43 Purchases of Goods and Services; Supply Chain Management