Determine How to Purchase the Software and/or Cloud Services (via Supplier Catalog or Services and Non-Tangible Items form in BearBUY)
Check to see if UC Berkeley has a software/cloud service that meets your needs:
- Review the IT Software Catalog that includes services offered by the Office of the CIO (OCIO), Information Services and Technology (IST), Educational Technology Services (ETS), Student Affairs IT (SAIT), and Campus Shared Services IT (CSS IT)
- Review the software found in the SHI punch-out.
- SHI is our primary software reseller. Most off-the-shelf, “shrink-wrap” software should be purchased through the BearBUY SHI punch-out. If the item you are looking for is not found in the SHI punch-out, email SHI(link sends e-mail) to inquire about the item.
- Review the UCOP - Systemwide active agreements that can be utilized for IT Hardware, IT Software & Support and IT/Telecom Services.
- Cloud Computing Services - Cloud computing is a model for delivering applications, information, infrastructure and/or services as pools of resources via the internet. For more information, review UC Berkeley IT Cloud Computing Options.
Do not use the BearBUY Payment Request form and Procurement Cards to purchase software, software licenses, cloud computing services, or equipment with embedded software.
Use the Services and Non-Tangible Goods form in BearBUY to purchase software and cloud computing if existing UC Berkeley software/cloud service does not meet your needs:
- New Software as a Service (SaaS) licenses
- Software or SaaS when the supplier has access to UC non-public information, Institutional Information and/or IT Resources, and/or Protected Information, and/or the scope of work of the services has changed.
All Software solutions are governed by UC Information security policies as specified by Security@Berkeley. Please review the data privacy standards prior to making a decision to buy.
Requestors must self-identify data privacy classifications on this BearBUY form. High risk and/or high value transactions will route to Buyers for review.