Contracted Suppliers: Not applicable
The purpose of licensing University inventions to industry is threefold:
- to provide a mechanism for transferring the results of University research to the public for the public benefit;
- to meet obligations to research sponsors; and
- to generate royalty income for the benefit of the University and the inventor.
- Payments made by a licensee to a licensor for the right to make, use, or sell an invention or
- Payments made to an owner of a copyright for the privilege of practicing a right under the copyright
Complete a BearBuy Payment Request Form for a payment to a licensor or owner of a copyright. Do not scan and attach documentation to the Payment Request. The Department is responsible for internally maintaining required support documentation.
Relevant Policy/Procedures: See G-40, University of California Patent Policy