For those of you who missed the VCA Town Hall on March 14th, Supply Chain Management is working to improve the time to place orders and process payments. A quick overview was presented by Russell Chung, Chief Procurement Officer, of the changes going live on April 14 th . A copy of the presentation can be found here . Here’s a sneak peek at the coming changes:
Fast Track Purchase Order Approval
- Catalog orders under $5,000 skip Requisition Creator and Org Node approval steps
- Non-catalog and Service forms under $1,000 skip Requisition Creator and Org Node approval steps
- To qualify for the above, Shopping Carts must be complete (shipping address, valid chartstring)
Voucher Payment Process changes
- Catalog orders under $5,000 and Non Catalog Orders under $1,000 will auto-pay provided that the invoice matches the PO
- For Catalog orders over $5,000 and Non Catalog over $1,000 will require receiving (3 Way Matching) in lieu of Voucher Approval. Recieving, Voucher and Purchase Order must match for Voucher to pay. For instructions on receiving please go to: https://supplychain.berkeley.edu/receiving-instructions
What’s not changing?
- Payment Request and Subaward approvals for Purchase Requisitions or Vouchers
- Service Request Voucher Approvals (require Voucher Approval)
What if I have questions?
- Contact Our HelpDesk:
Phone: (510) 664-9000 option 1, then option 2